查看: 2514|回复: 2

[学习资料] High time for net energy

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-1-8 10:15:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
这是一篇有关猪净能的文章及网友的评论.
出处:http://www.pigprogress.net/weblog/nutrition/high-time-for-net-energy-id2121.html

High time for net energy 19 Aug 2008
Author: Dr Ioannis Mavromichalis
When was the last time you checked your formulations? If your diets are still formulated on digestible energy (DE) or metabolisable energy (ME), it is high time to question these nutrition practices. The net energy (NE) system is by far the best and most accurate system to use in all pig diets and it will enable you to better match available ingredients with actual animal needs. So, let's talk more about it!

Gross energy
The total or gross energy (GE) in feed is used by the animal with a very low efficiency. For example, from 16.2 MJ GE in a kilogramme of maize, the growing animal receives only 11.1 MJ NE, with an efficiency of GE to NE at just 69%. Nearly a third of all energy is lost.

For soybean meal, the same efficiency of converting GE to NE is only 47%, and this despite the fact soybean meal contains more GE (at 17.3 MJ/kg) than maize! In contrast, the efficiency of energy utilisation in sources of lipids is much improved, with lard having 29.8 MJ NE out of 39.3 GE per kilogramme, or 76% GE/NE.

Disparity
The reason for the disparity in the efficiency of energy utilisation is found in the very nature of the nutrients bearing energy. Lipids require few digestive and metabolic processes to be oxidised for energy or deposited as fat. Starch is a bit more demanding, whereas proteins are the most difficult to be used as an energy source. In the last case, protein in excess of requirements results in a negative energy balance as the deamination process requires more energy than what is derived from it.

The same disparity in GE/NE that we observe among sources of energy is also observed when we discuss intermediate forms of energy, such as DE and ME.

Unfortunately, the coefficients of utilisation does not remain similar in proportion among different ingredients, multiplying thus the confusion! The end result is that when feeds are evaluated for their energy content different hierrarchies develop.

Take the following table for example.

Feed stuffDE (MJ/kg)Order based on digestible energyNE (MJ/kg)Order based on net energy
Soybean meal14.718.14
Wheat13.9210.52
Maize13.9211.11
Cassava12.63103
Wheat bran9.346.35

Protein-rich ingredients
It is evident that a protein-rich ingredient like soybean meal that ranks high in the list when ordered by DE content does not fare equally well in terms of NE. It is equally interesting to note that maize and wheat, which contain similar levels of digestible energy are quite different in net energy content. This is due to the higher level of protein and the presence of anti-nutritional factors, such as polysaccharides, in wheat.

How does this translate into practical terms? It makes little difference if you use GE or NE, or anything in between, as long as you always use the same cereals and protein sources and you're achieving maximal growth in your pigs.

But, when it comes to replacing one ingredient with the other or when trying to manipulate growth performance and carcass characteristics, anything but the NE system will result in inaccuracies, with over- or under-supply of energy in relation to other nutrients. This translates to lost profitability no less!

So, check your matrix again and make sure you have NE values in there!

Comments (12)

1.Highly useful and excellent

Dr.R.Bhaskaran at 23-08-2008 17:54

2.hitherto I am using maize,ragi,polishricehusk, and other ingrediyats to my piglets. This costs Rs.100 per piglets and also vegetables. Do you have any other information than this.

harryfernandes at 25-08-2008 18:28

3.More than a comment, an inquire on the availability of information about energy requirements expressed in NE, as well as NE values of feedstuffs

Juan Kalinowski at 26-08-2008 15:32

4.can i use bird feather as alternative to soya bean in the feeding of pig

abiodun at 26-08-2008 21:00

5.Not all feed ingredients have published net energy values. Where can we get them?

Gerry at 29-08-2008 05:16

6.May I know if cassava contains any protein.

Kwame at 30-08-2008 22:19

7.Kwame, according to INRA2004 Tables, dried cassava root (70% starch, 97% dry matter) contains 2.5% crude protein.

Ioannis Mavromichalis at 06-10-2008 14:21

8.Juan, I use the INRA Tables. Check the Nottingham University Press or Wageningen Academic Publishers websites. These places sell this book (it's a green one!)

Ioannis Mavromichalis at 06-10-2008 14:22

9.Gerry, you're correct, not all ingredients have been tested for NE. Nevertheless, the French institute INRA has published well researched regression equations that predict fairly accurately the NE content in almost every feedstuff based on its chemical composition. Check my answer below to find where you can buy the Green book where you might find all the information you need.

Ioannis Mavromichalis at 06-10-2008 14:24

10.Abiodun, hydrolyzed feather meal is not as good a protein source as soybean meal. It is deficient in lysine AND histidine. It has very low palatability. Its protein is quite undigestible and it risks the problem of Salmonella contamination. I would only use it in diets for growing-finishing pigs and gestating sows adding no more than 2% in the final feed.

Ioannis Mavromichalis at 06-10-2008 14:28

11.Harry Fernanders, if you're satisfied with the performance of your piglets, then there is not much to add. If not, then you should consider adding some protein sources and balancing the amino acids. Also, adding some salt always helps...

Ioannis Mavromichalis at 06-10-2008 14:30

12.I think so that using NE is much accurate than ME. But on the other side, you think it is best to formulate based on digestible amino acis rather than total?

clarisa at 11-03-2009 03:22
中国畜牧人网站微信公众号

评分

参与人数 1论坛币 +1 收起 理由
穆然 + 1

查看全部评分

版权声明:本文内容来源互联网,仅供畜牧人网友学习,文章及图片版权归原作者所有,如果有侵犯到您的权利,请及时联系我们删除(010-82893169-805)。
发表于 2010-1-8 10:21:56 | 显示全部楼层
I think so that using NE is much accurate than ME. But on the other side,

评分

参与人数 1论坛币 +10 收起 理由
system + 10 第一个回复系统自动奖励