查看: 3105|回复: 8

[原文翻译] 美国退役空军少将查尔斯.斯文尼1995年5月11日在美国国会发表的演讲(摘要翻译)

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-6-5 14:42:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
译者是吕广祥先生

As in any war, our goal was --as it should be--to win. The stakes were too high to equivocate.转自81.china.com
像在任何一场战争中一样,我们的目标——理所当然的目标——是胜利。这是一个不可动摇的目标。转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
I am often asked if I ever think of the Japanese who died at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.转自81.china.com
[我经常被问起是否曾经想到广岛和长崎死难的日本人。]转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
I do not revel in the idea that so many on both sides died, not only at those two places but around the world, in that horrible conflict. I take no pride or pleasure in the brutality of war, whether suffered by my people or those of another nation. Every life is precious.转自81.china.com
我不想否认双方死了许多人,不仅两国,而且是世界。我不为战争的残酷性而骄傲而欢乐,我不希望我国或敌国的人民受难。每一个生命都是宝贵的。转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
But it does seem to me such a question is more appropriately directed to the Japanese warlords who so willingly offered up their people to achieve their visions of greatness. They who started the war and then stubbornly refused to stop it must be called to account. Don't they have the ultimate responsibility for all the deaths of their countrymen?转自81.china.com
但我的确认为这样一个问题应该去问日本战犯,是他们以日本人民为代价追求自身的辉煌。他们发动了战争,并拒绝停止战争。难道他们不应为所有的苦难、为日本的灾难负最终的责任吗?转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
Perhaps if the Japanese came to grips with their past and their true part in the war they would hold those Japanese military leaders accountable. The Japanese people deserve an answer from those who brought such misery to the nations of the Far East and ultimately to their own people. Of course, this can never happen if we collaborate with the Japanese in wiping away the truth.转自81.china.com
也许如果日本人真切地了解过去,认清他们国家在战争中的责任,他们将会看到是日本战犯要负起战争的罪责。日本人民应该给远东人民一个答复,是谁把灾难强加给远东各国,最后强加给日本自己。[那些把灾难强加给远东各国并最后强加给自己人民的人,应该给日本人民一个答复。--中式政治改动]当然如果我们与[一些]日本人一道抹煞历史的真相,那么这一点是永远也做不到的。转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
如果日本不追询并接受真相,日本怎能安心地与自己相处,与亚洲邻国、与美国相处?[--没找到出处]转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
My crew and I flew these missions with the belief that they would bring the war to an end. There was no sense of joy. There was a sense of duty and commitment that we wanted to get back to our families and loved ones.转自81.china.com
我和我的部属在执行原子轰炸任务时坚信,我们将结束战争。我们并没有感到高兴。而是一种责任感和使命感,而且我们想回到自己的家人身边。转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
Today millions of people in America and in Southeast Asia are alive because the war ended when it did.转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
I do not stand here celebrating the use of nuclear weapons. Quite the contrary.I hope that my mission is the last such mission ever flown.转自81.china.com
今天,我战在这里作证,并不是庆祝原子弹的使用,而是相反。我希望我的使命是最后一次。转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
We, as a nation, should abhor the existence of nuclear weapons.转自81.china.com
我们作为一个民族应该对原子弹的存在感到恐惧[美国大兵?恐惧?原文是厌恶 --美式人文思想]。转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
I certainly do.转自81.china.com
我就感到恐惧[厌恶]。转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com

The world is a better place because German and Japanese fascism failed to conquer. Japan and Germany are better places because we were benevolent in our victory. The youth of Japan and the United States, spared from further needless slaughter, went on to live and have families and grow old.转自81.china.com
由于德国和日本法西斯被击败,世界变得更好了。[由于我们胜利后的友善大度,日本和德国变得更好了。--again]日本和美国的年轻人不再相互杀戮,而是生长、成家立业,在和平中生活。转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
I do not speak for all veterans of that war. But I believe that my sense of pride in having served my country in that great conflict is shared by all veterans. This is why the truth about that war must be preserved. We veterans are not shrinking violets. Our sensibilities will not be shattered in intelligent and controversial debate. We can handle ourselves.转自81.china.com
[我并不代表那次战争中所有的老兵。但是我相信,象我自己一样,所有的老兵都以在战争中为祖国服务而骄傲。这就是为什么我们一定要保存战争的真相。我们老兵们并不畏缩。在充满挑战和争议大论战中,我们保持着敏感,我们可以从容应对。]转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
But we will not -- we cannot -- allow armchair second-guessers to frame the debate by hiding facts from the American public and the world. I have great faith in the good sense and fairness of the American people to consider all the facts and make an informed judgment about the war's end.转自81.china.com
[但是,我们不会也决不能允许那些太师椅上的事后诸葛亮们通过隐藏事实来误导美国公众和整个世界。我深信美国人民的判断力和公正,他们会认识所有的事实并对这种战争终结方式作出明达的判断。]转自81.china.com
转自81.china.com
This is an important debate. The soul of our nation - its essence, its history---is at stake.转自81.china.com
[这是一场非常重要的辩论。我们的国家精神—她的精髓和历史— 面临着严峻的评判!]转自81.china.com
Maj Gen Charles W. Sweeney, USAF (Ret)转自81.
中国畜牧人网站微信公众号
版权声明:本文内容来源互联网,仅供畜牧人网友学习,文章及图片版权归原作者所有,如果有侵犯到您的权利,请及时联系我们删除(010-82893169-805)。
发表于 2007-6-5 15:29:33 | 显示全部楼层
讲这些都是白讲 社会是复杂的 二战之前 菲律宾被美国占领 中南半岛是法国的殖民地 只有泰国是独立的 印尼是荷兰的殖民地 勉店 印度是英国的殖民地 都不是好东西 包括日本在内 那中国又怎样 清朝的皇帝傅仪甘为日本的附庸 关东军在东北的暴行傅仪毫不关心 国共血火不容 一筆烂帐 一塌糊涂 等到日本无条件投降 束手就縛 正是報仇的大好机会 国家领導人老蒋却将侵华日军全部放回去了
 楼主| 发表于 2007-6-7 12:30:20 | 显示全部楼层
当时老蒋的确该派兵进驻琉巯!
那样的话,
现在的领土纠纷会是另外一个样子!

[ 本帖最后由 牧童 于 2007-6-7 12:44 编辑 ]
 楼主| 发表于 2007-6-7 12:47:28 | 显示全部楼层
再者
当时还应该把那些低级的,不够杀头之罪的战犯判刑,
让他们在我国的牢狱干活,
就象他们抓我民夫去日本做劳工一样!
凡是日军的排长及以上的军官都该判刑!
 楼主| 发表于 2007-6-7 12:52:50 | 显示全部楼层